more about us
Glencoe Park District Announces Renaming of Watts Center to Weinberg Family Recreation Center
The Glencoe Park District is delighted to announce the renaming of the beloved Watts Center in recognition of the exceptional contributions made by Sheila A. and Jack A. Weinberg. Following their generous donation and over twenty-five years of devoted service to the Glencoe Park District, the Board of Commissioners unanimously approved renaming the building the
Registration Begins Thursday, October 19 for Skating & Hockey Classes, House League basketball, and Game On! Sports 4 Girls
Non-residents can register on October 23 at 9 AM!
Phase 2 of the Lakefront Park Bluff Stabilization and Ramp Improvements to Begin
Construction for the second phase of the bluff stabilization and access road improvements will begin on Monday, September 11.
August Lifeguard Info & Beach Hours
August Lifeguard Info & Beach Hours
Registration is Open for Fall Events, Programs, and Special Events
Registration is open for residents and non-residents!
Lakefront Park Playground and Tennis Courts Now Open
Our brand-new Lakefront Park playground is now open!
SIX New Pickleball Courts at Watts
Outside of the ice season, the main rink at Watts Center will now feature six sports courts that are specifically designed for the game of pickleball.
Normal Operations Resumed
All participants, teachers, and staff remain safe and well, and all normal operations have resumed.
Construction Projects Start April 3
Monday marks the kick-off of several major projects, including the Retaining Wall and Ramp Repairs at Glencoe Beach, Lakefront Park Tennis and Playground renovation, and Watts Center renovation.
Bluff Stabilization and Ramp Repairs
With help from the State of Illinois Boat Access Area Development (BAAD) and Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) grants, the Village of Glencoe and the Glencoe Park District will embark on a comprehensive improvement project to repair the ramp and improve bluff stabilization measures.
Glencoe Park District awarded Urban Forestry Funding
Glencoe Park District was awarded a $7,250 grant to complete tree inventories and develop a management plan for its urban forest.
Registration for all spring/summer activities and passes will start at 7 AM on Thursday, March 9 for Glencoe residents. Non-resident registration will start at 9 AM on Monday, March 13.
Watts Renovation To Start This Spring
The renovation will activate inaccessible program space and update aging mechanical systems while addressing accessibility and space constraints.
Friday, December 23 Weather Closures
Glencoe Park District will be open with modified business and programming hours today, Friday, December 23, for the following programs School Day Off at Watts and Glencoe Fitness. Children's Circle, Preschool Day Off, and skating at the Watts ice rinks will be closed today.
December 22 Weather Closure
Due to the snowfall, high winds, and low temperatures predicted this afternoon/evening, the Glencoe Park District is closing all facilities and canceling all programs starting at 1 PM today, December 22.
Sign up for GPD Text Alerts!
The Glencoe Park District now offers SMS message alerts when registered programs, activities, and special events are canceled or changed.
New ePact Software
ePACT is a secure digital solution that allows you to quickly share the health and emergency information we need, and also provides us with powerful communication tools to ensure we have a way to message you in the event of an illness, injury, or larger-scale emergency.
Winter & Camp Guide is here!
Winter in Glencoe has something for everyone! Registration for all activities will start at 7 AM on Thursday, December 1 for Glencoe residents. Non-resident registration will start at 9 AM on Monday, December 5.
Great Mud Run Results
Over 400 runners completed today's Great Mud Run event!
September 12, 2022 Community Input Meeting
Share your thoughts on the West Park renovation plans.
Labor Day Marks End of Season
Glencoe Beach and Duke Park amenities close for the season on September 5
Join the Park Board of Commissioners
The Park District is looking for Glencoe residents interested in serving as a Park Board of Commissioner.
Be Part of Watts History
With plans to renovate the facility in 2023 escalating, a number of additional amenities outside the project budget may be added if donors are acquired.
Free Skin Cancer Screenings
Visit Lakefront Park on August 13 or 14 for a free skin cancer screening at the Destination Skin Care truck.
Green Bay Trail Update
Village to improve trail crossing at Hazel Avenue starting August 8.
Designs for Lakefront Park Renovation Approved
At the July 19, 2022 Park Board meeting, Commissioners approved design options for the Lakefront Park Racquet Courts and Playground renovation.
Rotary Fun Run Results
Here are the results from the July 4 Rotary Fun Run. Thank you to all that participated and joined the race!
Programs/Facilities Open July 6
All Glencoe Park District programs and facilities will resume on Wednesday, July 6 at normally scheduled times.
Parade Canceled; Beach Closed
Due to recent events, Village of Glencoe Parade is canceled.
Time To Process
To allow our community and staff time to process this tragic event, all Glencoe Park District facilities will be closed, and all programs cancelled for tomorrow, Tuesday, July 5.
Watts Renovation Bid Update
Bids for the project were higher then expected, so the Board decided to put the project on hold.
Glencoe's Independence Day Celebration
Now TWO days of fun! Fireworks, music and fun on July 3, plus Rotary Fun Run, Family Games, Village Parade and Beach Party on July 4.
Court Closures for Cleaning
The tennis courts at Central, Shelton, Watts, West and Lakefront Park, along with the basketball courts at Kalk, will be closed for cleaning.
New Pier Coming Soon
The Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners has approved repairs to the pier at Glencoe Beach. The pier will be closed until Memorial Day weekend while work takes place.
Updated COVID-19 Guidance
The Illinois Department of Public Health updated COVID-19 guidelines on March 24.
Early Childhood Programs now Mask Recommended Environment
Last night, our Board of Park Commissioners decided that our Early Childhood wing will continue to follow the DCFS, CDC, and IDPH guidance. This means that as of today, March 2, 2022, our wing is a mask-recommended environment.
Spring/Summer Digital Guide Now Available
We're offering a fresh slate of activities and fun this spring! Registration for spring/summer programs and beach passes starts at 7 AM on Thursday, March 10 for Glencoe residents. Non-resident registration starts Monday, March 14 at 9 AM.
Face Masks/Vaccine Cards will no longer be required for most activities (excluding Early Childhood programs)
Watts Season Extended
Due to cold temperatures, the Watts rinks will stay open until March 6.
Lakefront Park Community Meeting Recap
Watch the Lakefront Park Community meeting and share your feedback in the link.
Community Meeting for Lakefront Park
The Board would like to invite the community to share ideas about the park at the Tuesday, February 22, 2022 Community Meeting on the Lakefront Park Courts and Playground held at the Takiff Center at 7 p.m.
Watts Building to Re-Open
Inside open to public beginning Thursday, February 10
Weather Closure Notifications
In the event of inclement weather, we will make a closure decision by 7 AM for morning programs.
Quarantine & Isolation Guidelines
Our programs and facilities will continue to follow the CDC guidelines.
Face Coverings Required
Face coverings are required all all indoor Glencoe Park District facilities. Proof of vaccination must be shown by participants over age 18.
Vaccine Mandate Update
December 31 Guidance from Cook County
Vaccination & Mask Requirements
Effective January 3, 2022
The Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners is considering selling a parcel of inaccessible land near Green Bay Road.
Cook County has updated their guidelines.
Updated Plans for Watts
Architects from Wight shared updated designs for the upcoming Watts Recreational Center remodel at the Board of Commissioner's December 7 meeting.
Prescribed Burn at Glencoe Parks
The controlled burn will be done on November 23.
Be Part of the Lakefront Park Design
Seeking Community Feedback
Be Part of the Lakefront Park Design Process
The Glencoe Park District is making plans to renovate the tennis courts at Lakefront Park and would like your feedback!
The Great Mud Run Results
We have the results!
Carol Spain Sworn in as Park Commissioner
At the September 20 Board of Commissioners meeting, Carol Spain was appointed as the District's newest Commissioner.
Youth Program Changes
Together with District 35, we’ve made the difficult decision to delay the start of certain after-school programming by one week.
West Park Design Concept
On August 3, 2021, the Glencoe Park District hosted a Community Input Meeting to share initial design concepts for West Park (adjacent to West School at Forestway and Dundee roads).
Masks are no longer required outdoors.
Community Input for West Park Renovations
The Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners approved developing a plan for renovations to West Park.
Board of Commissioners Now Seeking Applicants
The Park Board is looking for interested candidates to fill the vacancy on the Park Board left by Brandon Hinkle, who resigned due to a move out of state.
Celebrate Independence Day in Glencoe
We're celebrating Independence Day with a fun run, preschool and family games, a parade, and live music!
Masks Required in Public Areas
After reviewing updated CDC and State of Illinois face mask recommendations, the Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners has approved new guidelines.
Thank you, Josh and Dudley
Thank you to our retiring commissioners, Dudley Onderdonk (2015-2021) and Josh Lutton (2017-2021).
Mask Update for Vaccinated
Yesterday the CDC announced that
The staircase leading to the Perlman Boating Beach is scheduled for replacement starting in April.
South Overlook Update
We’re pleased to announce that the Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners has begun repairs to the South Overlook (the Hazel Avenue overlook at Lakefront Park).
Summer Projects at the Beach
South Overlook, boat house stairs and beach improvements to be done over the summer.
Every Day Outside
100 Day Challenge
July 4th Fireworks rescheduled to Labor Day Weekend.
Kalk Park Phase 2
New drainage being installed
Glencoe Park District Receives $2,500,000 in State Funding to Renovate Watts
Watts one of 17 projects awarded Parc Grant
Glencoe Honey Now For Sale
Organic honey, harvested behind the Takiff Center, is now available for purchase!
Duke Park Now Open
Construction of the new playground, which is located near Lincoln and Crescent Drives, is now complete.
2020 in Review
As 2020 comes to a close, here's a look back at the challenges and celebrations Glencoe Park District faced.
Winter Registration January 5
We are excited to offer a wide variety of online and in-person programs this winter, beginning the week of January 18.
14 day quarantine recommended before returning to programs.
Glencoe Holiday Light Tour
Decorate your home for the holidays and help spread some cheer to Glencoe this year!
Watts Ice Rink Open Friday
With the state's move to Tier 3, there are a number of new restrictions Watts users must follow.
District 35 Remote Learning Shift
Kids Club Essential Enrichment Camp to offer full day care; Early Learning Center Preschool to offer remote learning.
New Tier 3 Mitigations
Updated November 18, 2020
New Watts Waitlist
Current state guidelines stipulate 50% capacity or 50 people or fewer at a facility.
Watts Season Passes Sold Out
Watts season passes are now SOLD OUT and the waitlist is full.
Watts Season Passes
We’re pleased to open the Watts ice rinks on Friday, November 27.
November / Decembr Classes Available Online
The Glencoe Park District’s digital November/December Fall Program Guide of available classes will be available to view on Wednesday, October 14 after 2 PM.
Board Approves General Obligation Limited Tax Bonds for Park Improvements
Bonds will help fund over $6 Million in park improvements over the next 3 years.
Schuman Overlook Repairs
The Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners approved the commencement of repairs to the Schuman Overlook (the Park Avenue overlook at Lakefront Park).
Glencoe Park District Retains AAA Credit Rating from Moody's Investor Services
Park District financial outlooks is stable.
Construction Started on Duke Park
New playground is now under construction.
Cardboard Regetta: Rules and Registration
On Friday, August 7, turn paper and duct tape into a seaworthy vessel!
Public Beach Protection Pilot Program Update
The Army Corps of Engineers has approved the Pilot Project for Section 1122 for communities in Glencoe, Lake Bluff, North Chicago, and Evanston!
Park 7N Progress
The Glencoe Park District continues to discuss Park 7n with residents both in favor and concerned about the move of the Booth Cottage.
FAQs: Booth Cottage on Park 7N
Get some of your frequently asked questions answered.
Glencoe Historical Society Land Lease Approved
Park 7N Land Lease Approved for Relocation of Frank Lloyd Wright's Booth Cottage
Governor Awards Oslad Grant to Connect Glencoe Project
$400,000 Grant to help fund trail project.
Frank Lloyd Wright's Booth Cottage Update
Community Input Meeting Tuesday, January 21 at 7 pm
Dog Park Task Force Decision
Last February, we began a community conversation about adding a dog park to Glencoe.
Task Force Meeting Minutes
Over the course of several months, the Dog Park Task Force explored six potential sites in Glencoe.
Dog Park Task Force Update
After many months of work, the Dog Park Task Force is prepared to present its findings and recommendation to the Park Board of Commissioners on Tuesday, January 7 at 7:00 pm.
Connect Glencoe Awarded $667,150 TAP-L Grant
On October 10, the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) Board of Directors and the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Policy Committee approved the FFY 2020-2022 locally programmed Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP-L).
Lincoln & Crescent Playground now Duke Park
The playground at the corner of Lincoln and Crescent Drive is getting a new name.
Board Approves Lincoln Playground Design
At the August 20 Board of Commissioners meeting, plans for Lincoln Playground were approved.
Connect Glencoe Awarded $200,000 State Grant
Bike path grants will support development and land acquisition for bike trails in seven counties.
Glencoe Park District Dog Park Task Force Application
The Glencoe Park District Board is seeking volunteers to serve on a three month task force to explore the feasibility of dog park sites throughout Glencoe.
Potential Dog Park Sites Discussed
The Glencoe Park District Committee of the Whole met on May 7, 2019 to discuss the feasibility of a Dog Park in Glencoe.
Board Discussion on Community Dog Park
The Board of Commissioners will discuss a potential community dog park at their May 7 Committee meeting.
Board Approves Connect Glencoe Architect
The architect has been chosen.
Connect Glencoe Grant Applications Submitted
Board Refines Phase 1 of Connect Glencoe
Community Dog Park Meeting Recap
Here's the presentation and results from the February 12 community meeting, which was shared with the Board of Commissioners at their March 2019 Special Projects and Facilities meeting.
Connect Glencoe Site Master Plan Approved
The Board of Commissioners officially accepts the Master Plan for the Old Green Bay Road Linear Park System.
Community Input Meeting
Glencoe Invited to Share Ideas
REGISTRATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Class openings are filled on a first-come, first-served basis after registration opens.
Registration and payment may be completed online, mailed to the Park District (999 Green Bay Road, Glencoe IL 60022), submitted in person at the Takiff Center or faxed directly to (847) 835-7279.
Any unpaid balance must be paid in full before you can register for additional programs.
Enrollment Wait Period: Registrations for child programming are required three business days before the class start date. This timing allows updated information to be shared between Park District staff and Glencoe Schools. Camps require registration seven business days before the start of camp.
Answers to frequently asked registration questions can be found here.
Register by Mail, Fax, or Drop-Off
- Choose your program and fill out the PDF Registration Form completely, making sure the program number and birth date are included. You may register more than one family member on this registration form. PLEASE PRINT.
- Read and sign the "Waiver and Release" on the registration form. The registration will not be processed unless the waiver is signed. A parent/guardian must sign for children under 18 years of age.
- Payment may be made in the form of check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Checks should be made payable to the GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT. Full payment is required for all programs except when noted otherwise.
- TELEPHONE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Your completed registration form, with signed waiver, birth certificate(s) (if needed) and payment may be placed in an envelope and MAILED to GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT, 999 GREEN BAY ROAD, GLENCOE, IL 60022. The registration form can be submitted IN PERSON at the Registration Office or FAXED directly to the Registration Office at: (847) 835-7279.
- A copy of a birth certificate is needed for Glencoe Early Learning Center.
- Individuals who live or work in Glencoe for 30 hours or more each week on a regular basis will receive resident rates for anyone who permanently resides in their household. Proof of residence/occupancy may be required.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for each returned check. Payment is required within ten days of notification. Otherwise, the participant will be dropped from the class. A $10 fee will be charged for declined credit cards.
Glencoe Park District Refund/Cancellation Policy
Program fee refunds, less a processing fee of 20% (not to exceed $20) will be made if a request is received at least (3) three business days before the start of the program, via online form or in writing via email. After that, refunds can only be given for medical reasons or relocation and will be prorated based on the day the request received, pending medical note provided. Refunds for special events will be given in full if requested 3 business days before the event. If requested less than 3 business days in advance, there are no refunds.
- When the Park District cancels programs due to insufficient registration, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will be issued within 30 business days of a class cancellation.
- The Park District will not issue refunds for classes which are canceled due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond the District’s control. The Park District may schedule a make-up class, when possible.
- All pre-paid group fitness passes, ice rink season passes, Glencoe Beach passes, and boat space rentals are non‐refundable and non‐transferable.
- Refunds that occur once a session begins will only be refunded as a result of relocation or medical reasons and will be done on a “per class basis,” less a processing fee of 20%, and less for any amount incurred for materials, special clinics, costumes, uniforms, and/or other expenses.
- Prorated refunds will be based on the date the refund request is received and not the last attended date. Medical refunds require a doctor’s note and will be prorated based on the date the medical documentation is received; no service fee applies. For relocation out of the area, upon receipt of appropriate documentation that reflects imminent relocation, a prorated refund will be issued with the applicable service fee.
- Any refunds that are issued while there is still a balance on the account, will first be applied towards the balance due.
Prorating of a program fee can be made for both park district and contractual programs using the following guidelines:
- The program has met its minimum number of participants.
- Both the Program Manager and Instructor approve the proration at the time the participant registers.
- Prorating can only be done in‐person and not online.
- Proration cannot occur before the start date of a class.
- Spots cannot be held for proration.
- There will be no proration for any amount incurred for materials, costumes, uniforms, and/or other expenses.
- See camp guidelines for specific camp proration procedures.
Special Adult Fine Arts Prorating Guidelines (multi-week programs only)
- Proration can be done only at the time of in-person registration and not online.
- The program minimum must be met before proration for time off can take place.
- A medical note will be required for scheduled surgeries or medical procedures.
- Vacation requests (time off) must be communicated in advance; i.e., before the class start date.
- The limited number of days an adult registrant can miss and be prorated is limited to half of the total number of class dates, e.g., if the class meets 12 times, they cannot prorate/deduct more than 6 classes due to time off.
For 8 week and 4 week Camps that meet Monday through Friday, a $200 non‐refundable deposit is required at the time of registration per camper and per camp. All other camps must be paid in full at the time of registration. Refunds will be issued if requested at least (7) seven business days before the start date of a camp, less 20% (not to exceed the $200 non-refundable camp deposit) per child, per camp. Note: If you drop your child from a camp less than (7) seven business days before the start date of camp, NO REFUND will be issued. Refunds can only be given for medical reasons or relocation, and will be prorated.
Camp proration will not be allowed (with the exception of one week vacation for the 8‐week camps only; this must be requested in‐person and by May 1st). Transferring between non‐contractual camps will be allowed; however, contractual camp transfer requests will require a Program Manager’s approval.
Kids Club (Before and After School Care for Grades K-5)
A $200 non‐refundable, non‐transferable fee is required upon registration and is not applied toward the monthly tuition fees. Once the program has started, no prorated fees will be given for a partial month’s attendance or withdrawal.
Early Learning Center
A $200 non‐refundable, non‐transferable registration fee per child is required at the time of registration for all programs. This fee will not be applied toward your monthly tuition. When new to the program, prorated tuition will be given for partial months of attendance. Once the monthly billing has been charged, there is no refund for partial month attended.
A $200 non‐refundable, non‐transferable fee is required with each new registration and it will not be applied toward the monthly tuition. If your initial start date in the program does not fall on the 1st of the month, you will be prorated for days not attended. No prorated fees will be given for partial month’s attendance once the initial start date has passed.
ELC, Children’s Circle, and Kids Club offer an automatic billing option. When agreeing to auto charge your credit card each billable month, you understand that your signature authorizes the Glencoe Park District to charge your provided credit card the monthly tuition. The monthly fee will be posted to the billing account on the first business day of each month. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to notify the Park District office of changes of information to a credit card on file. Should a charge card be declined for any reason, you will be issued a bill for the amount due and a $10 fee will be added for the declined card. Although payment is required by the 15th of each month, a $25 late fee will automatically be posted to your account if payment is not received by the last day of the month. For accounts more than 30 days past due, participation in the program may be suspended until full payment is received.
The Glencoe Fitness Center requires a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover) on file for automatic billing. By signing up for a Fitness Center billable membership, you understand that you authorize the Glencoe Park District to charge your provided credit card the monthly fee. The monthly fee will be posted to your billing account on the first business day of each month. Cancellation of an automatic charge card posting is accepted by written authorization only and must be received before the 1st of the month. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to notify the Park District office of changes to a credit card on file. Should a charge card be declined for any reason, you will be issued a bill for the amount due and a $10 fee will be added for the declined card. Although payment is required by the 15th of each month, a $25 late fee will automatically be posted to your account if payment is not received by the last day of the month. For accounts more than 30 days past due, use of the Fitness Center may be suspended until full payment is received.
This agreement can only be cancelled during the 12‐month contract period due to relocation or medical reason. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing and returned to management with acceptable proof for termination of contract and pay the $50.00 cancellation fee. A minimum 30‐day notice is required.
Takiff Center Rentals
Rentals with fees under $500
- Payment Policy: Rental must be paid in full at the time of making the reservation.
- Cancellation Policy: If the rental is canceled ten (10) or more business days before the rental date, the rental fees will be refunded. If the rental is canceled less than ten (10) business days before the rental date, no refund will be given.
Rentals with fees $500+
- Payment Policy: A 50% deposit plus a $200 refundable damage fee must be submitted for any rental fee of $500‐999 at the time of reservation. A 50% deposit plus a $500 refundable damage fee must be submitted for any rental fee over $1000 at the time of reservation. The remaining balance must be paid in FULL at least thirty (30) business days before the date of use. If booked less than (30) business days in advance, full payment is due at the time of making the reservation plus a refundable damage fee.
- Cancellation Policy: If the rental is canceled more than thirty (30) business days before the rental date, the user will forfeit 25% of the total rental fees. The damage deposit is refunded. If rental is canceled less than thirty (30) business days, the user will forfeit 100% of the rental fees. The damage deposit is refunded.
Watts Ice Center Rentals
- For daily ice rentals, full payment is due at time of booking. No refunds will be given unless the Park District cancels for mechanical, weather or wind chill policy.
- Permanent ice time renters are responsible for the agreed upon rental hours as stated in the agreement regardless of weather.
- No refunds within 10 business days of the rental date. Full refund if requested more than 10 business days from the event less 20% not to exceed $20, or the renter can reschedule within the same season.
- During inclement weather, if the ice rink is open, and the renter cancels, the Glencoe Park District will not refund ice time per District policy.
Glencoe Beach Trellis Rentals
- The entire rental balance must be paid in full at the time of making the reservation.
- There will be a refundable damage deposit of $200 held for Trellis rentals.
- No refunds within 10 business days of the rental date. Refund will only be issued due to weather that impacts the facility.
- Full refund if requested more than 10 business days from the event less 20% not to exceed $20, or the renter can reschedule within the same season.
Sun Shelter Rentals
- No refunds within 10 business days of the rental date. Full refund if requested more than 10 business days from the event less 20% not to exceed $20, or the renter can reschedule within the same season. To reschedule, the renter needs to submit the online form 24 business hours before the original scheduled date. Rescheduling subject to availability.
- No Court rental refunds. The renter can reschedule within the same season. To reschedule, the renter needs to submit the online form 24 business hours before the original scheduled date. Rescheduling subject to availability.
No refunds within 10 business days of the rental date. Full refund if requested more than 10 business days from the event less 20% not to exceed $20, or the renter can reschedule. To reschedule, the renter needs to email the Administrative Support Specialist 24 business hours before the date scheduled. Rescheduling subject to availability.
General Program Waitlist Policy
If a participant is waitlisted and a space opens in a program, the first person on the waitlist will be automatically moved into the program. The waitlisted person will receive an enrollment email confirmation from a general administration email. That participant will have 24 hours to provide any payment that is due, as well as notify the registration department if they are no longer interested in the program. If the participant notifies the registration department within 24 hours that they no longer want the spot, the participant will be dropped and receive a full refund. If the participant notifies the registration department that they are no longer interested more than 24 hours after being transferred in off the waitlist, the general refund/cancellation policy applies. All waitlisted customers will receive a refund if no class openings become available after 30 days from the start of a program.
The 20% cancellation fee still applies if moved off a waitlist and want to drop a concurrent program.
Children's Circle Waitlist Program Policy
No fee is required for waitlisted families. If a potential participant enrolls and is accepted into the program, a one-time registration fee of $200 will be required. See separate procedures on Children’s Circle Waitlist.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
Glencoe Park District is constantly striving to offer quality recreation programs to the public. If the customer feels our programs did not meet their expectations, due to the quality of instruction, facilities or program content, we will refund your money 100%. To be eligible for a refund the customer must:
1. Attend at least 2 classes and inform us within 48 hours after the second class, and,
2. Complete the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee form
The input on the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee form is valuable to us as it will help determine where improvement is needed. The form is available at the Takiff Community Center and on the Glencoe Park District website. Filling out the form does not necessarily guarantee a refund will be issued.
This guarantee applies to recreation programs where Park District personnel instruct or supervise an activity. The policy excludes contractual programs, trips, leagues, special events, memberships, seasonal beach/ice passes, and/or rentals.
In order to provide a wide range of recreational programs, the Glencoe Park District uses contractors as a means of providing experts in a variety of areas. Glencoe Park District refund policies may not apply to Independent Contractors. If this is the case, the refund policy will be noted in the recreation guide by the program description. Although we strive to offer top-notch programs, there may be times when contractors do not meet our expectations. In these instances, we hope you will still keep us informed of your satisfaction with programs offered, but they are not included in the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. When we use outside contractors for our programs, the class description will reflect that.
Participant and Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct Policy
No participant shall, on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability be denied equal access to programs, activities, services, or benefits or be limited in the exercise of any privilege, advantage, or opportunity.
Scholarship packets are available for pickup at the Takiff Center and are subject to approval through Glencoe Family Services. Call (847) 835-3030 for more information. You must be a Glencoe resident to be eligible to receive a scholarship. Scholarship recipients must register in person. Please call (847) 835-3030 for more information on how to register the day resident registration begins.