Masks Required in Public Areas
Monday, May 24, 2021
After reviewing updated CDC and State of Illinois face mask recommendations, the Glencoe Park District Board of Commissioners has approved new guidelines:
- Masks must be worn at all times by unvaccinated individuals age 2 and up.
- Masks must be worn at all times by staff, parents, and children in our Early Childhood wing. This rule is mandated by our DCFS childcare license.
- Masks must be worn at all times by staff, participants, and programs at any Park District program that includes children under age 12. This is to protect individuals ineligible for vaccination.
- Masks must be worn in "common spaces" at Park District facilities, including restrooms, hallways, lobbies, and entrances. This is to protect individuals ineligible for vaccination.
- Vaccinated individuals participating in programs with others over the age of 12 can choose to remove their masks once they arrive in their program space. This includes, but is not limited to, Glencoe Fitness, fitness classes, adult art, and adult ceramics programs, as well as some staff-only spaces. A sign will be posted in these spaces that states "By entering this room without a face mask, you are verifying truthfully that you have been fully vaccinated or have an exemption from the Glencoe Park District." Mask-only times will continue to be offered at Glencoe Fitness.
After wearing masks for a year, we know this is exciting news for those who are fully vaccinated. We hope to have further clarification soon on outdoor programs and facilities. We will update you when changes to these guidelines occur. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work towards a fully re-opened Park District!