Vaccination & Mask Requirements
Friday, December 31, 2021
The Glencoe Park District is working with District 35 to stop the spread of the new COVID variant in the Glencoe community. We've made the difficult decision to delay the start date of select preschool and youth programming until January 15. Open gym and open pickleball will also be paused until January 15. This delay does not impact the following programs:
- Children's Circle or ELC Preschools (scheduled to return Tuesday, January 4)
- Kids Club (scheduled to return Monday, January 3)
- Outdoor skating and hockey classes
- Adult programs, including fitness, art, and ceramics
The Glencoe Park District must legally comply with the Cook County Department of Public Health Covid Vaccination Mandate. Due to the Cook County Vaccination Mandate, starting January 3, 2022, all Glencoe Fitness members, group fitness participants, open gym/open pickleball visitors, and adult program participants will need to show a vaccine card. Information can be stored on your account, so you will only need to show your card, along with a valid photo ID (if over 16 years of age), on your first visit after January 3. You may show the physical CDC card, a digital or physical photo of the card, a printed record from your vaccine provider, or a digital record on an app. A one-week grace period is available if you have not yet completed your vaccine.
For all other programs, the Park District is awaiting further clarification from the Cook County Department of Public Health (see update here). The County's interpretation of the order has changed several times in the last 72 hours, and the Park District wants to provide you with the most accurate information before classes start. If you are registered for a winter program, your program manager will be in touch next week with additional information regarding the vaccine mandate, prorated refunds, make-up dates, and program-specific details.
Other measures still in place include:
- Any person age two or older is required to wear a mask when indoors (regardless of vaccination status).
- Physical distancing of six feet or more is recommended when feasible.
- All patrons will need to continue to monitor their symptoms for COVID-19 and refrain from visiting any of our facilities or participating in programs when they have symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time. We appreciate your patience as we work through this legally required mandate.