Unplug Illinois Day - 7/15/23
Time: 5:00 AM
Location: Various Locations
Age: All Ages Welcome
Embrace a day of unplugging from electronics and immerse yourself in a day of play during Unplug Illinois Day. Experience a variety of free events designed for all ages to enjoy, where you can simply show up, power down your devices, and fully indulge in moments of joy and fun.
- Glencoe Fitness (All Day): Free access to our workout area all day. Visitors must sign a waiver to use.
- Sunrise Meditation (5:15-5:45 AM): Enjoy a guided meditation class at Glencoe Beach led by Erica Bray. This class is free, but advanced registration is required. Space is limited! Register
- Yoga in the Park (9-10 AM): Join instructor Erica Bray at Lakefront Park for a rejuvenating outdoor yoga experience. Breathe in the fresh air and find your inner balance as you flow through asanas amidst the serene backdrop of Lake Michigan. This class is free, but advanced registration is required. Space is limited! Register
- Meet & Greet Therapy Dog Event (10-11 AM): Cuddle up with furry friends at Shelton Park's meet and greet therapy dog event, sponsored by Paws for Patrick. Experience the joy and therapeutic benefits of interacting with therapy dogs while enjoying the beautiful surroundings of the park.
- Open Gym (11 AM-2 PM): Enjoy basketball inside the Takiff Center during open gym. This event is free, but all participants must sign a waiver.
- Mandala Painting (12-2 PM): Unleash your creativity and find inner tranquility at the Wyman Green as you participate in a mandala painting event, co-sponsored by the Glencoe Public Library. Immerse yourself in the meditative process of creating intricate mandala designs while surrounded by the beauty of nature.