We’re pleased to open the Watts ice rinks on Friday, November 27. Before the season starts, we’d like to share with you the extra safety stipulations that will take place once the rink opens. Our goal is to create a safe and fun environment that follows the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our capacity at the rinks is limited. Therefore, access to the rinks will require the online purchase of a season pass. Season passes will go on sale at 9 AM on Friday, October 23 for Glencoe residents (passes for non-residents go on sale October 30).
There will be no daily passes sold this winter and the number of season passes sold will be limited. Guest passes will be available for season pass holders to purchase. We strongly encourage you to purchase your season pass as soon as possible at glencoeparkdistrict.com.
- LIMITED CAPACITY: Everyone who enters the rink must have a pass. Capacity is currently limited to 50 people on the Main Rink and 25 people on the Studio Rink.
- SEASON PASSES ONLY: Daily passes will not be sold. Limited guest passes will be available for season pass holders to purchase.
- RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: Season pass holders are asked to reserve a time slot in advance by visiting glencoeparkdistrict.com
- NO BUILDING ACCESS: Visitors will enter the rinks through a gate. All personal belongings should be left at home. Visitors will have access to the building’s restroom facilities through an external door.
- SKATE RENTALS: Skate rentals will be available and sanitized between use.
- CLASSES & PROGRAMS:A full schedule of outdoor skating and hockey classes will be available online. Students DO NOT need a season pass to participate in a class.
- MASK USE: All visitors will be required to wear a mask when at the facility.
Your season pass includes:
- ACCESS TO PUBLIC SKATE
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Friday Night Family Skates and special theme nights will only be available to season pass holders.
- ABILITY TO PURCHASE GUEST PASSES: Bring your friends to Public Skate.
Please note, our operations may change due to state guidelines. Learn more about our operation plans and restrictions, click here.
Watts Skating & Hockey Classes
Learn skating or hockey fundamentals this season! Click here to view the classes available. Registration for Watts classes starts at 9 AM on Friday, October 23 (non-resident registration starts on October 30).