Class openings are filled on a first-come, first-served basis after registration opens.
Register Online Now
Register by Mail, Fax, or Drop-Off
- Choose your program and fill out the registration form completely, making sure the program number and birth date are included. You may register more than one family member on this registration form. PLEASE PRINT.
- Read and sign the “Waiver and Release” on the registration form. The registration will not be processed unless the waiver is signed. A parent/guardian must sign for children under 18 years of age.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. If paying with cash, we recommend dropping off your registration in person. Checks should be made payable to the GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT. VISA OR MASTERCARD PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED ONLY AT THE TAKIFF CENTER, by mail, or by the fax number shown. Full payment is required for all programs except when noted otherwise.
- TELEPHONE REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Your completed registration form, with signed waiver, birth certificate(s) (if needed) and payment may be placed in an envelope and MAILED to GLENCOE PARK DISTRICT, 999 GREEN BAY ROAD, GLENCOE, IL 60022. The registration form can be submitted IN PERSON at the Registration Office or FAXED directly to the Registration Office at: (847) 835-7279.
- A copy of a birth certificate is needed for Glencoe Early Learning Center and preschool enrichment classes.
- Individuals who live or work in Glencoe for 30 hours or more each week on a regular basis will receive resident rates. In order to register at resident rates, you must contact the Registration Desk in advance and provide proof of employment.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for each returned check. Payment is required within ten days of notification. Otherwise, the participant will be dropped from the class. A $10 fee will be charged for declined credit cards.
Glencoe Park District Refund Policy
If you have any questions, please contact the Registration Office at (847) 835-3030.
Program fee refunds, less a service charge of 20% (not to exceed $20), will be made if a request is received at least (3) three full business days before the start of the program, by phone or in person at the Takiff Registration Office. After that, refunds can only be given for medical reasons or relocation, and will be prorated. Refunds cannot be given for programs, or trips that require advance admission or entrance fees.
- Medical refunds require a doctor’s note and will be prorated based on the date the medical documentation is received; no service fee applies.
- League refund requests are due seven days before the fee payment deadline. If a participant attends a clinic, but not any team practice or games, and requests a refund due to injury, or realizes after the clinic that the sport is not for their child, we will refund the league fee, minus $50 for the clinic, $10 for the jersey and a $20 service fee.
- When the Park District cancels programs due to insufficient registration, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will be issued within 7 days of a class cancellation.
- For refunds less than $10, a household credit will be issued on your account to be used toward payment for future programs. All refunds may be added to your household account, upon request.
- The Park District will not issue refunds for classes which are canceled due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond the District’s control. The Park District may schedule a make-up class, when possible.
- All pre-paid fitness passes, Watts ice passes, beach passes, and boat space rentals are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Other restrictions apply for facility rentals.
- Relocation out of the area: Upon receipt of appropriate documentation that reflects imminent relocation, a prorated refund will be issued with the applicable service fee.
- KIDS CLUB, EARLY LEARNING CENTER & CHILDREN’S CIRCLE: An annual $125 non-refundable, non-transferable fee per child is required upon registration/start of each school year for Kids Club and ELC participants. Once the program has started, no prorated fees will be given for partial month’s attendance or withdrawal. (All withdrawals from the program require advance notice, i.e. before the start of the upcoming month.) In lieu of full tuition payments during the summer, an additional $300 fee will be billed on June 1 to Children's Circle registrants who withdraw early and do not attend in June, July and August. A one time $125 fee is required for all new Children's Circle registrants.
- CAMP: Camp refunds will be issued if requested at least (7) seven days before the start date of a camp, less a service fee of 20% of your total camp cost (Early Bird or Regular rate), with a max of $200 per camp. Note: If you drop your child from a camp less than (7) seven days prior to the start date of camp, NO REFUND will be issued. Scholarship recipients will receive Early Bird rates for camp, regardless of the date they register. Scholarship recipients must register in person. Prorating will not be allowed for camps. Transferring between camps will be allowed; If you registered at the Early Bird rate and you transfer by or before 2/28, you will be charged the Early Bird rate for the new camp. If you transfer on or after 3/01, you will be charged the Regular rate. No transfers will be allowed after May 1st.
Prorated refunds will be done on a “per class basis,” less a service fee of 20% (not to exceed $20 of the program cost), and less for any amount incurred for materials, special clinics, costumes, uniforms, and/or other expenses. Camps and contractual programs will not be prorated. Prorated refunds will be based on the date the refunded request is received and not the last attended date. In medical circumstances, a prorated refund will be issued upon receipt of a doctor’s authorization. In the event of the participant’s relocation, a prorated refund will be issued less a service fee (20% but not to exceed $20 of the program cost) upon a receipt of a document that reflects imminent relocation.
Wait List Policy
If a participant is wait listed and a space opens in a program, the first person on the wait list will be contacted and then automatically moved into the class if payment has been received. That participant will have 24 hours to provide payment and/or confirm enrollment.If no payment is received within 24 hours of enrollment, the next person on the wait list will be enrolled and the first person on the wait list will be disenrolled. All wait-listed customers will receive a refund if no class openings become available after 7 days from the start of a program. In the event openings occur, the Park District will notify the customer and payment will be due at that time. Payment must be received prior to the registrant being transferred in.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
The Glencoe Park District strives to consistently offer quality recreation programs to the public. If you feel our programs did not meet your expectations due to the quality of instruction, facilities, or program content, we will refund your money. This Guarantee excludes contractual programs, trips, leagues, special events, seasonal beach/ice passes, and rentals. To be eligible for a refund, you must: 1) Attend at least two classes and inform us within 48 hours after the second class, and 2) Complete our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee form.